AdvaMed to Hold Program on Export Compliance for Medical Technology Companies
AdvaMed, the Advanced Medical Technology Assocation, is presenting a program entitled "Export Compliance for Medical Technology Companies" on May 10-11, 2006 at the Hilton Embassy Row in Washington, DC. Topics that will be covered include:
- The importance of export compliance by medical technology companies
- Applying for licenses to export medical devices to Iran, Sudan, Cuba and Syria
- Understanding and complying with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Complying with U.S. antiboycott regulations
- What medical device companies need to know about the Automated Export System (AES)
- Establishing and implementing an effective export compliance program
- Understanding, obtaining and complying with overseas medical device certifications
- Understanding and complying with foreign customs regulations and procedures
The confirmed U.S. Government speakers include Michael D. Turner, Director of the Bureau of Industry and Security's Office of Export Enforcement and Bill Bostic, Chief of the Census Bureau's Foreign Trade Division.
For further information and a complete list of speakers, see the following link: www.advamedmtli.org/mtli/mtg06-19.cfm.