House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee to Hold Export Controls Hearing
The House Foreign Affairs Committee's Subcommittee on Terrorism, Nonproliferation, and Trade will hold a hearing tomorrow on export controls. The hearing, entitled, "Exports Controls: Are We Protecting Security and Facilitating Exports?" will include the following witnesses:
- Christopher A. Padilla, Assistant Secretary for Export Administration, Bureau of Industry and Security, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Stephen D. Mull, Acting Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Political-Military Affairs, U.S. Department of State
- Beth M. McCormick, Acting Director Defense Technology Security Administration, U.S. Department of Defense
- John W. Douglass, President and CEO, Aerospace Industries Association of America
- Will Lowell, Managing Director Lowell Defense Trade, LLC and Former Director, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, U.S. Department of State
Update: Ann Calvaresi-Barr, Director of Acquisition and Sourcing Management at the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), was added to the program this afternoon. Ms. Calvaresi-Barr has been involved in several of the GAO's recent reports on export controls, including the December 2006 report entitled Export Controls: Challenges Exist in Enforcement of an Inherently Complex System.