Senate Subcommittee on Oversight of Government Management to Hold Export Controls Hearing
The U.S. Senate Subcommittee on Oversight of Government Management of the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs will hold a hearing entitled "Beyond Control: Reforming Export Licensing Agencies for National Security and Economic Interests" on April 24, 2008 at 2 p.m. in the Dirksen Senate Office Building.
The hearing will examine the structure of federal government agencies that are responsible for licensing controlled exports, the processes in place for licensing, how those structures help or hinder decision making for licenses, human capital challenges of the export control bureaucracy and recommendations for improving the export control processes and personnel. The witnesses at the hearing include the following government and private sector representatives:
- The Honorable Stephen D. Mull, Acting Assistant Secretary for Political-Military Affairs, Department of State
- Ms. Beth M. McCormick, Acting Director, Defense Technology Security Administration, Department of Defense
- Mr. Matthew S. Borman, Acting Assistant Secretary of Commerce, Export Administration, Department of Commerce
- Ms. Ann Calvaresi Barr, Director, Acquisition and Sourcing Management, Government Accountability Office
- The Honorable William A. Reinsch, President, National Foreign Trade Council
- Mr. Daniel B. Poneman, Principal, The Scowcroft Group
- Mr. Edmund B. Rice, President, Coalition for Employment through Exports, Inc.