Next COAC Meeting to be Held in Seattle on August 7th
The Department of Homeland Security's Advisory Committee on Commercial Operations of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (known as "COAC'') will hold a meeting in Seattle, Washington on August 7, 2008. The tentative agenda of the meeting is as follows:
1. World Customs Organization & Mutual Recognition Status.
2. C-TPAT Programs (Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism).
3. ITDS (International Trade Data Systems Status).
4. Import Safety Initiatives.
5. Advance Trade Data ("10+2'').
6. Secure Freight Initiative.
7. Agriculture Program Update.
8. Trade Facilitation and Compliance Issues.
For information on how to attend the meeting see the following notice published in Friday's Federal Register: http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2008/E8-16538.htm.