U.S. Export Assistance Center in San Antonio, Texas Hosting ITAR Seminar on October 22, 2008
On October 22, 2008, the U.S. Export Assistance Center in San Antonio, Texas will host a full day trade compliance seminar entitled "Complying with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) in the Invigorated Enforcement Environment."
The program, which is being jointly sponsored and presented by J.P. Morgan Trade Services and the law firm of Strasburger & Price, LLP's international trade compliance group, will provide participants with the following information:
- An Overview of the Players, Policies, and Processes of US Export Controls & Compliance
- Insight into Minimizing Exposure, Liability, and Risk for You and Your Organization
- A Hands-on Understanding of Jurisdiction and the Critical Importance of Getting it Right
- Hot Topics including recent State Department Changes & Trends, Brokering, Voluntary Disclosures, Directed Audits, Mandated Measures, Third-Country/Dual Nationals, D-Trade, Merger & Acquisition Due Diligence, and much more…
- An Industry Panel on Best Practices and How to Successfully Navigate the ITAR Minefield
- An Enforcement Update and the Consequences of Non-Compliance with Recent Lessons Learned
- Texas Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Credits for Attorneys
You should attend this seminar if:
- You think your company’s exports and imports aren’t regulated by the ITAR
- You’re uncertain your company’s exports and imports are regulated by the ITAR
- You’re certain your company’s exports and imports are regulated by the ITAR
Note: Strasburger & Price partner Doug Jacobson, the editor of International Trade Law News, will be one of the presenters of the program.