Census Makes Changes to AESDirect Online System
In addition to the enforcement of the new mandatory and advanced AES regulation, effective today Census has modified the AESDirect online EEI filing system to have heightened security measures and user authentication practices.
These changes include:
- Individual User Account Administration
- Stronger Password Requirements
- Shorter Password Expiration Timeframes
- Automatic Inactive Account Deactivation
- Session Timeout/Concurrent Login Limit
- Account Lockout after 3 Unsuccessful Logins
- Expanded Account Administration Functions
Currently, only one Username and Password are required per filing company and each person responsible for filing Electronic Export Information (EEI) is required to use that login information. In addition, there is only one individual at the company, the designated Account Administrator, who is responsible for all account maintenance and communication with AESDirect.
The latest version of the AESDirect Account Administration User Guide can be found here.