Free Webcast: Addressing FCPA Risks with Automated Controls Monitoring
Date & Time: Thursday, October 23, 2008 2:00 p.m. EST
Aggressive enforcement by the US Justice Department and SEC has resulted in record numbers of enforcement actions for violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). Responding to FCPA enforcement actions can be costly and associated penalties can run into the tens of millions of dollars.
This webcast will outline the risks companies face in light of the DOJ & SEC's expansive reading of the FCPA's provisions and will demonstrate how automated controls monitoring systems can be applied to avoid FCPA enforcement actions, assist with investigations and mitigate penalties resulting from FCPA enforcement actions by automating the monitoring of FCPA-related internal controls.
Specific areas to be covered:
- What risks are you exposed to under the provisions of the FCPA?
- What are the rules for U.S. companies, U.S. persons, and foreign entities?
- What are the implications of recent Justice Department charges and settlements in the FCPA area for understanding the DOJ's approach?
- What should a company do if management believes that prohibited conduct has occurred?
- How can automated controls monitoring be used to prevent FCPA actions and to help reduce penalties and monitoring costs once an FCPA investigation has been initiated.
Doug Jacobson, Partner, International Trade Practice, Strasburger & Price LLP
Dana Hamerschlag, Sr. Director Product Marketing, Approva