Congratulation to Winners of 2009 Presidential "E" and "E Star" Awards for Export Excellence
Congratulations to the 21 companies and organizations that received the prestigious 2009 Presidential “E” and “E Star” Awards for export excellence today during a ceremony at the National District Export Council Conference at the Department of Commerce. Secretary of Commerce Locke presented the awards to the recipients.
The “E” Award, which was created by President John F. Kennedy in 1961, is the highest U.S. government recognition any U.S. entity may receive for supporting export activity.
The Presidential “E Star” Award, which was authorized by the Secretary of Commerce in 1969, recognizes continued superior performance in increasing or promoting exports. Only previous recipients of the "E" Award are eligible.
The 2009 “E” Award recipients are:
- Automation International Ltd., Houston, Texas;
- Capstone Turbine Corporation, Chatsworth, Calif.;
- Falcon Waterfree Technologies, Los Angeles, Calif.;
- J.R. Potter & Associates, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio;
- Kanawha Scales & Systems, Inc., Poca, W.Va.;
- Lexington International, LLC, (HairMax), Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.;
- MacNeil Automotive Products, Ltd., Downers Grove, Ill.;
- Medtronic Inc., Minneapolis, Minn.;
- Otis McAllister, San Francisco, Calif.;
- Rust-Oleum Corporation, Vernon Hills, Ill.;
- Sioux Corporation, Beresford, S.D.;
- Southwest Windpower, Flagstaff, Ariz.;
- The Produce Connection, Miami, Fla.;
- Turbine Air Systems, Houston, Texas;
- California Chamber of Commerce, Sacramento, Calif.;
- Illinois SBDC and NAFTA Opportunity Centers, Peoria, Ill.;
- West Virginia Development Office, International Division, Charleston, W.Va.
The following companies are the 2009 “E Star” Award winners:
- Dometic Environmental Corp., Pompano Beach, Fla.;
- Valmont Industries, Inc., Omaha, Neb.;
- BDP International, Philadelphia, Pa.;
- Enterprise Florida, Orlando, Fla.