OFAC Adds Iranian Shipping Line and Vessels to SDN List
The Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) today added Iran's national ocean carrier, the Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Lines (IRISL) and 18 other affiliated entities, to the Specially Designated National List (SDN List) for providing logistical support to Iran's military. OFAC also added the vessels in IRISL's fleet to the SDN List (the complete list of vessels can be found at the bottom of this page).
This designation is significant since IRISL is a leading provider a global maritime transportation services, including bulk, break-bulk, cargo and containerized shipping.
As a result of today's designation freight forwarders and shippers may not charter, book cargo on, or otherwise deal with IRISL and their vessels.
In addition to IRISL, OFAC also designated 17 entities, which were found to be owned or controlled by or acting or purporting to act for or on behalf of, directly or indirectly, IRISL. These entities are:
- Valfajr 8th Shipping Line Co SSK
- Khazar Sea Shipping Lines
- Irinvestship Ltd.
- Shipping Computer Services Company
- Iran o Misr Shipping Company
- Iran o Hind Shipping Company
- IRISL Marine Services & Engineering Company
- Irital Shipping SRL Company
- South Shipping Line Iran
- IRISL Multimodal Transport Co.
- Oasis Freight Agencies
- IRISL Europe Gmbh
- IRISL Benelux NV
- IRISL China Shipping Co., Ltd.
- Asia Marine Network Pte. Ltd.
- CISCO Shipping Co. Ltd.
- IRISL (Malta) Limited
One additional entity, IRISL (UK) Ltd., was also designated for being owned or controlled by Irinvestship Ltd.