CBP Issues Agenda For 2008 Trade Symposium
U.S. Customs and Border Protection has issued the draft agenda (doc) for the sold-out 2008 Trade Symposium that will be held at the end of this month in Washington, DC. The program will feature the following breakout sessions:
- TSA Air Cargo Screening Programs - TSA’s 100% Air Cargo Screening and Certified Cargo Screening Program (CCSP): Listen to TSA and CBP discuss collaboration on TSA air cargo screening programs and initiatives designed to meet the 9/11 bill mandate to screen 100% of cargo on passenger planes.
- C-TPAT Security Best Practices and Lessons Learned - Don’t Let This Happen To You: Through case studies hear lessons learned from C-TPAT member security breaches.
- Implementing Importer Security Filing Implementation (ISF) - Hear from CBP experts on steps you need to take to meet the implementation requirements. Hear from ATDI participants and CBP as they discuss their implementation experience and answer more detailed and technical questions.
- CBP Trade Strategy - CBP Trade Strategy and What It Means To Your Business: Review with OT leadership the strategy in detail and discuss strategies planned to implement its goals and how they may impact your business.
- Import Safety Working Group and ISA - President’s Import Safety Action Plan One Year Later: Review CBP’s progress on implementing the plan provisions and hear about PGA program progress related to the action plan. Review progress made in ITDS and experience in piloting the ISA-Product Safety initiative.
- USDA/CBP Agriculture Mission CBP - Prevent Agriculture Related Remedial Actions: Get a progress report on implementation of the Joint Agency Task Force initiatives. Review case studies of Ag-related remedial measures and what you should know to prevent them.
- Upcoming ACE changes - Discuss in detail upcoming ACE functionality and schedule for an understanding of the impact on the trade community.
- ISA Best Practices for Compliance - Importer Self-Assessment, The Path to Facilitation: A discussion of best practices in a competitive environment.
- IPR Initiatives and Trade Facilitation - A discussion of issues surrounding IPR enforcement and future initiatives. Working with the trade to balance enforcement and facilitation.