Deadline for NCITD International Trade Scholarship is Approaching
The National Council on International Trade Development (NCITD) has established a scholarship for students of international trade.
Scholarships awarded (minimum $1,000) will be paid directly to the institution, in the name of the awardee(s).
Awardee(s) will also receive a one-year NCITD membership and will be welcome to attend monthly meetings
Criteria for Eligibility:
Applicants must have at least "junior" status for 2010-2011 in an accredited U.S. college or university with at least a 3.0 Grade Point Average or equivalent "B" average.
Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing either an undergraduate or graduate degree in International Trade studies, such as political science, international relations, economics, international business, international law, international finance, etc. (including study abroad programs affiliated with a U.S. university).
Applicants must complete and submit:
* The NCITD Scholarship application form;
* A copy of the most current transcript from the college or university;
* A letter of recommendation from a sponsoring NCITD member; or from a work colleague or professor;
* A brief (2500 words or less) narrative from the applicant explaining his/her interest in international trade and why the applicant should be awarded this scholarship, including merit and financial need.
Criteria for Selection, in Order of Importance:
* Proven interest or experience in international trade, e.g., education, work or volunteering;
* Current academic standing and performance, including honors and extracurricular activities;
* Strength of the narrative submission and recommendations by NCITD member, professor or work colleague;
* Preference will be given to candidates sponsored by employees of NCITD member firms.
For consideration for the 2010-2011 academic terms, all applications must be submitted by April 15, 2010.
The Application, transcript, recommendation and narrative essay should be mailed in a single package OR emailed to:
ATTN: Scholarship Applications
c/o Christina Filipovic
1707 L Street N.W.
Washington, DC 20036
The NCITD Scholarship Committee will select the winner(s) and determine the award no later than April 15, 2010.
The winner(s) will be notified by e-mail and letter.
The scholarship(s) will be presented at the June 9, 2010 Compliance Meeting in Washington, DC.
The scholarship application form is available here.
For information contact Christina Filipovic at the NCITD Secretariat at 202-872-9280.