Winners of 2011 Presidential “E” Awards for Export Excellence Announced Today
Congratulations to the 27 companies and organizations that received the prestigious 2011 Presidential “E” Awards for export excellence today. Secretary of Commerce Locke presented the awards to the recipients at a ceremony in Washington, DC.
The “E” Award, which is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, is the highest U.S. government recognition any American entity may receive for supporting export activity.
The Presidential “E” Award was created by President John F. Kennedy in 1961, to recognize persons, firms, or organizations that contribute significantly to increasing United States exports. The Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration manages the award program that has recognized more than 2,500 firms since its inception.
The 2011 “E” Award for Exports recipients are:
- Abaxis, Inc., Union City, Calif.
- Acrow Corporation of America, Parsippany, N.J.
- Advanced Protein Systems, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Aero Precision Industries, LLC, Livermore, Calif.
- Amarr Garage Doors, Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Blackboard, Inc., Washington, D.C.
- Brandt Holdings Company, Fargo, N.D.
- Codonics, Inc., Middleburg Heights, Ohio
- Combustion Associates, Corona, Calif.
- Cyanotech Corporation, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
- Kenyon International Emergency Services, Inc., Houston, Texas
- Labcon North America, Petaluma, Calif.
- MagicTime International, Doral, Fla.
- Noni Biotech International, LLC, Haiku, Hawaii
- Rauland-Borg Corporation, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Ruud Lighting, Inc., Racine, Wisc.
- Signature Fencing and Flooring Systems, LLC, New York, N.Y.
- Tiger Machinery Company, LLC, Birmingham, Ala.
- Unique Spectronix, Inc., Fullerton, Calif.; and
- Volk Optical, Inc., Mentor, Ohio.
- California ETEC, Irvine, Calif.
- Edwards Global Services, Inc., Irvine, Calif.
- Le Centre International de Lafayette, Lafayette, La.
- Nance College of Business, Cleveland, Ohio
- Pennsylvania Center for Trade Development, Harrisburg, Pa.
- RF International/Ocean World Lines, Inc., Lake Success, N.Y.; and
- Trade Technologies, Inc., Austin, Texas.